Insulation boards based on ceramic fibers are widely used for thermal protection or modernization of high-temperature equipment in order to increase energy efficiency of its operation.
What is ceramic fiber board
Termo Protekt insulation board has a sufficiently high strength, elasticity and dense homogeneous structure (ceramic fiber and binder made of organic and non-organic adhesive). Technologically selected composition of the heat-resistant board withstands the range of high temperatures during the working process. Refractory boards invariably have low heat capacity and thermal conductivity. The indicator of linear shrinkage of the material is also low. It withstands temperature shocks and many hours of heating.
Main properties of ceramic fiber boards
Smooth, rectangular TP insulation board is durable and convenient both for mechanical processing and installation. The boards based on ceramic fiber are used at industrial facilities for lining or thermal insulation of boilers and furnaces, in the production of glass, ceramics and cement, for additional fire, noise and electrical insulation.
Application of ceramic fiber boards
- thermal insulation of heating furnaces and other heating equipment;
- heating furnace insulation;
- thermal compensation lining layers;
- insulation of ladles, mixers, thermal box accumulators of all types;
- insulating layers of air heaters and gas ducts;
- fire protection systems;
- fireplace construction.
Advantages of ceramic fiber boards
- high temperature stability and thermal shock resistance;
- low thermal conductivity and low heat storage coefficient;
- high compressive and bending strength;
- resistance to abrasion, contact with flame and chemical attack;
- dimensional accuracy, flat surface;
- simplicity of installation and low labor costs;